I am passionate about literature and committed to creating books that look and feel exquisite. Each book project is special and is treated in a unique way when it comes to page layouts, cover designs and typefaces. However, there are certain book design standards I adhere to in order to make books appealing to readers. When working with authors, my intention is to discover together how to achieve the most effective visual presentation of author’s words. The goal is to create a rewarding and joyful experience that leads to the best possible result. Each book that comes into being is a reflection of this collaboration resulting in a unique and elegant work of art that is also legible and appealing to its readers.
What I provide
- Your complete ownership of all the rights to your final book design.
- Design and typeset of all pages, including your title page, copyright page, table of contents, acknowledgements, dedication, preface, foreword, introduction, bio, references, bibliography, glossary and index. Two rounds of changes are included.
- Front cover, spine, and back cover design at a chosen book size. I design hardcovers, softcovers, hardcovers with dust jackets and softcovers with flaps. I also photograph for book covers as an additional service. Two rounds of changes are included.
- A printed proof (the first copy of your book), generated after your review and proofreading of digital book files I created have been completed.
- Digital files of your book in high-resolution format (300dpi) required for printing. I work in InDesign and Illustrator software, the industry standard for designing for print.
- A CD containing all your final digital files, so that any designer or book printer you may decide to work with in the future can access your book files.
- Specially sized images of your book cover to use for promotional purposes.
- An elegant WordPress website that represents you and your literary works (an additional service).